Monday, November 27, 2006

What a day!!!

So, it turns out that a little thought I had a few weeks ago that I had no idea would go anywhere has taken off. Lindsey was so upset one day about the kids she works with over at her school. We started talking about volunteering and what we could do to help. I actually thought it was somewhat silly, but I said that it would be nice to find a way to make little fleece blankets for all of the kids at the elementary school she works with. I thought that it would be nice for the kids at our school, who are by and large rather priveleged, to gather the money and tie these blankets to give to these other children for Christmas. And so... I took it to the principal of our school and she said YES! And then she got the teachers on board and then they got other parents on board and it is just amazing! It is sort of surprising to me tonight how much impact one little idea, or one phone call can actually make. We are raising the money this week and buying the fabric next week and cutting it the next week and the kids are tying the blankets on the 13th! What an exciting thing. Well, that's all for tonight. I continue to be so happy with all that life is sending our way these days. Some days I wish life would just ignore me for a little while...even just 24 hours...but then things would just be boring.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear how wonderful things are going. It is amazing how big the kids are and a real bummer that you are so far away. Maybe we can visit sometime! Congratulations on the nuptials. Marriage is a rollercoaster ride and you definetly got an E-ticket! But if it was a merry go round that would be rather boring!

    Kisses to all! Well a sloppy one to Larry for me. Keep up the postings. Maybe I should do it too!
    Love,
    Ada

    ReplyDelete