Thursday, August 2, 2007

I know it's been too long...

So, we are getting ready to go on vacation and right after that we start school so things around here have been a little hectic. I am reminded that this time five years ago was the last relatively quiet and seemingly happy time in our lives before all hell broke loose. Kyra was the same age as Kierstin is now and Larry and I took the kids to Seagrove for a wonderful vacation. I remember standing on the beach down there on our last day begging to just stay there in Seagrove forever. I knew that we were facing some big issues when we got back from vacation and we absolutely did, and then some...some we even brought on ourselves quite without hesitation. We had the move back to Salt Lake, the Gina episode, the divorce, my business, and then that business failure, kids in childcare all day long sometimes starting with me in tears as I drove away leaving them there and then the move to Texas. Of course, we then faced the Kels episode and the divorce that came from that and then this sweet baby that I am always in amazement of. And then, we...meaning, LARRY and I got married again. Now, many would say that we are insane for trying it again, especially with all of the surrounding drama, but we did and I am happy every day for that risky jump. It took some real faith or delusion or something to actually make that step but I know that it was the right thing to do after all of this. I do wish that we had been able to fight for each other a bit more the first time but it seems that we had a little humbling to do and some hard lessons to learn. I am grateful for those lessons because they brought my family back together and gave us Kierstin. Quite a full circle...back to the beach with baby in tow.

1 comment:

  1. Man, its been 5 years huh?! Crazy, I remember being there--- and now I am not going to be. You should have paid for me to go, just to keep the tradition alive =)

    ReplyDelete