Friday, December 18, 2009

Scissors and Squirrels


Scissors
Ok, so it's been awhile.  Things have been rather, well...busy.  I could not let this one pass though.  In my morning of phone calls and reality avoiding, I had Kierstin home with me today.  We woke up early and had a long list of things to do.  Let's not forget the reality avoiding that was going on.  So, Kierstin comes in and says to me "I cut my hair".  Well, I see the scissors in her hand and think to myself, she looks normal...I mean, I don't see any obvious damage.  I take the scissors from her and give her a little talking to about not using scissors.  She wanders away.  I then walk into the kitchen where I was met with that!  That image of little lovely locks on the floor.  Uh-huh.  She had cut it.  My response was something akin to feeling great anguish over a missing pet or lost talent show.  ;)  She begins to melt.  MELTTTTTTT.  She is crying and apologizing and saying she wants to be a big girl. Debatable who was more sad at that moment, though her performance was much better than mine.  I obviously had to take her to a professional for redemption and the photos that follow outline what happened next.  I have a sweet little ponytail of her baby hair that could no longer stay attached to her three year old body.  She is growing up fast and finding trouble from time to time.  Can't stop loving that little face and despite my love for her long hair, she is cute with this cut as well.  As a friend said, "very sassy".

And now for the squirrels.


This little creature, cute and cuddly and fun to watch scamper through the yard and laugh at their antics...that little thing that tortures Atticus and loves it...this little thing that we love to see in the trees...THAT little mongrel is chewing up my Christmas lights on the roof.  Chewing right through the power cords, I tell you.  Who knows how to cook a squirrel???

2 comments:

  1. you should post a picture if how cute Kierstins hair is now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is admittedly painful, but fortunately still so very cute!! The picture of the pony tail made me cringe a bit... that was a lot of hair! But, the hair cut is adorable so I suppose she can be forgiven! Can't wait to see her, and everyone else for that matter, next week... feels like it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete