Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break...done...next?

Spring Break came and went.  It was a busy, fun filled time.  We had a baptism for Luca to kick things off, followed by LOTS of gatherings with the fam.  We played at the park with so many little ones.  We enjoyed Bahama Bucks again for the first time this season.  Kierstin grew up just a bit more on me, see the photo with the white shirt.  And then she went right back to being a precocious three year old, see the marker photo.  (pardon the awkward shot.)


And now we move to the next phase.  We will see the end of the Olympics this week!  For those of you wondering why Larry is still there, it's because of the often forgotten Paralympics.  He has stayed on for that but they have Closing Ceremonies tomorrow!!!  And then we will have him home...for one day.  He will turn around and head out to New York for three weeks and then home for three and then BACK OUT for three weeks to Orlando.  That means that we will be that much closer to getting out of school for the summer.  Oh, I can't even imagine.

It's snowing again here.  Enough said.

I am ready to paint and plant again.  It's cyclical, sort of like the seasons.  There is just a moment when I find myself ready.  Oh the plans I can make.  (especially with no budget in my head)  Screen room, gardening, exterior paint, windows, paint kitchen cabinets...I could go on and on.  But, that would make me sound absolutely ungrateful and I am feeling just the opposite tonight.  I love my home, the children all tucked in their respective beds, the snow falling for one of our last winter days of the season, or so we hope.  All of it adds up to the magical world we have the privilege of enjoying.  

Guess it's time to make some plans for Spring though, huh.  Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you weren't kidding about Kierstin!!! Looks good =)

    When is Larry going to be in for MORE than 3 weeks? That is so hard, you are certainly more of a single mom than I am!!

    Summer... POOLS!

    ReplyDelete