Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Coming to an end quickly...

Has the year really flown by this quickly?
Am I actually still awake at this late hour? Of course I am!

Given that most don't even know that I have re-entered the world of blogging, I am likely talking to myself, which is a pastime I highly recommend.  Forgive my indulgence, won't you?

2010.  Hmmm.  What can I say?  It has been a very full year.  I look forward to these closing days with eager anticipation.  Christmas, family, fun and faith...I am so filled with gratitude for all that has been in my life and continues to grace our lives.  We have our struggles, of course.  We are facing some uncertainty in the coming year with work and health.  The spine situation is stressful, to say the least.  We are in denial.  For now.

The children are growing quickly these days.  They often don't seem to know what to do with themselves.  I am beginning to wish for a few more innocent days, even though I am thrilled to know these little people and see who they are becoming.

Christmas is only a few days away now and it seems that we are mostly ready.  I should be more frantic, but I am not.  Things are coming together nicely.  We have had some incredible weather these last few days, but it looks as if rain might join us for the Holiday.  There will be lots more to share as we gather our entire family together for a celebration of family and faith...and food, it would seem.  A lot of planning has gone into the food!

For now, I am happy to say that we are all home under one roof.  Safe and warm.  Everyone is sleeping and the house has taken on that stillness I love so much.  This time of year that silence is complimented by the glow of the Christmas tree.  There are not too many sweeter things for me.  With that in mind, I will submit to the hour and head of to bed for some much needed sleep.  I do hope that all is well in your homes tonight.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment