Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gratitude Break

Thunder and lightning with wonderous skies.
Fend for yourself dinner nights.
Beginning percussion concerts.
Visiting with Melissa Riding.
Kaden got 100% correct on his TAKS test and missed only 1 on the one he took before that.  
Sun kissed cheeks after the first afternoon at the pool.
Church magazines arriving early.
Larry's business account being opened up this morning.  That is huge.
School days dwindling.
Toasted almonds.
Being truly tired after a busy day.
Fresh linens.
The sound of sleeping in every room of my home.
Security within the walls of home.
Lessons to learn on making this place more peaceful.
Planting a new plant.  Just to see how it will grow.
Buying new plants in the aftermath of an argument at home.
Not one word said about the plants I brought home in the aftermath of said argument.
Getting on the same page about family goals.
Laundry all finished and ready to make the trek to the individual closets and drawers.
The pools are open and the pool bag is ready.
Fresh fruits clean and cut and prepared for anytime snacking. 
Kimball recognizing on his own the concerns we have with his friends.  He shares them.  That's progress.
Apologies. First out of being called out and then because he really meant it.  (It's a process right?)
Birthday parties for 'babies' and fun toys that have thrilled her all day.
Cute swing dresses at Costco for $7.  
The sound of the train passing, without the whistle.  
The end of the day.  Heading off to bed.  And crawling next to a man I love more daily.  
Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Boy am I glad you are feeling so grateful..it balances out my lack of gratitude today! My power was out all night, so not much sleep was had, which as we all know, taints most everything:) But, I do so love that my pool bags are ready and hanging in anticipation of being used! (Well, I do have to purchase sunscreen still, but that is just a minor detail!!) I am so looking forward to the grocery store run for the pool snacks that will fill my cooler in the next few weeks! Only 1.5 weeks left until school is out, and we are free to swim daily!!!!

    ReplyDelete