Friday, May 22, 2009

Meal Plan Update: 40 Clove Chicken

Every now and then you find yourself actually proud of a meal.  The ingredients.  The presentation. The time it takes to plan, gather supplies, cook and clean up said meal must be efficient.  Not too many pots or measuring cups.  You know the meals where it takes two full loads of the dishwasher?  Not that!  Well, this meal turned out to be just that.  The house smells divine.  The dishes are already done.  All of the children ate!  All of them!  And Larry!  And me!  I did serve the chicken with the basil green beans which are now up there with Larry's Balsamic Asparagus.  I made a quick pot of no yolk noodles with a little butter and fresh parmesan, served it all in one big dish and we cheered for the success.  I can honestly say that this is now added to my recipe book for life.  

Now, for those of you who can't stomach the idea of 40 cloves of garlic, there are two things to remember: one, this is more about aromatic cooking than actually digesting that much garlic, and two, you can cut the garlic in half and make up for it with a little more herbs and kosher salt.  Any way you season this, it is a tasty dinner.  

Hallelujah chorus is lofting through the rafters, if I had rafters that is.

2 comments:

  1. YAYYY!!! Oh, I'm so happy it turned out so well. This will be added to our meal plan for next week for sure! I like when you plan meals-- makes it easier for me. :) Good job, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I love it when a good recipe actually works the first time. I cant wait to give it a whirl after Mallory is born and I can stomach the strong smell. Keep it up, we can all benefit from your willingness to try it first:)

    ReplyDelete