Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stupid move of the week...

Ok, so...as you know I had no desire to go the gym yesterday. But I went. I was grouchy and tired, but I went. On my way home I realized that I was starving and grouchy and tired and that I had just worked out so I could afford to eat out if I wanted to. Here is the stupid part...I went to Captain D's.




Fish & Shrimp Dinner CALORIES 1507.97 Protein 33.89g Carbs 126.10g FAT 96.23g SODIUM 3577.10mg

Now, I confess that I hardly ate the whole meal but the fact that it was THAT high in calories and protein and sodium is just horrifying to me, oh and let's not forget the 96.23 g of FAT. I think they ought to have to have warnings on their menu that says what's what. I mean, the cigarette people have to and the liquor people have to. Hell, the gym has to in case you do something stupid and hurt yourself. I was sick after I read that. I mean I knew it would be high, but nowhere near this ridiculous number. I was so irritated. SO irritated in fact that I ordered pizza for dinner. :)



Since this is what happens when you eat like that I am happy to say that I am back on track today and I am taking my vitamins and drinking a protein shake as we speak. So no long term damage, but man, someone should have warned me. YUCK!

In case you ever need to check your nutrition facts as I did, hopefully with less painful results, check out this website:
www.nistn.com/nutritionallinks.php

2 comments:

  1. I am actually more grossed out that you enjoy Captin D's! What is wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DON'T! Well, I do, only because I have memories of eating it as a kids and I do love hush puppies...which they do really well. But I categorically no longer enjoy Captain D's on any level. And I said I was grumpy and tired and starving...that makes even the bad decisions look ok at the moment.

    ReplyDelete