Friday, March 7, 2008

Update

So, after several days of waiting on word from the sellers of this little doll house, we finally heard back.  They are willing to give us the time we would need to sell our house, but they only came off their price by a mere $4000.  I am no brain surgeon, though I could play one on t.v., but that makes no sense.  :) 

So, we have decided that we will stay right where we are in our wonderful home.  We do love it and we have put a lot of love into remodeling it.  The perks that exist over there are nice, but we do like this house better.  So, we are absolutely fine with it and will continue to add our little touches to this house, and finish some projects we have already started. 

Your input was interesting and helpful.  We are particularly happy to be staying at our wonderful little elementary school.  I was a bit concerned about that.  So, there you have it.  It was an interesting exercise that proved to us that we truly do love our little patch of paradise...well, you know what I mean.

Oh, and it has been snowing here if you haven't heard.  It was as if a tornado had picked us up and dropped us back in Utah.  The kids built snow men, that only just melted tonight.  You can see remnants of snowmen all over our neighborhood...hats and carrots and gloves strewn about green lawns like a snowman graveyard.  It was so cute this morning though.  We must have passed ten or fifteen on the way to school.  Yesterday was that magic snowfall that lasted for hours that coated the trees and dropped in some of the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen.  It was beautiful.  Tonight we are back to relative normal, with melting snow everywhere.  The grass is mush in every part of our area.  In fact, our dog Atticus left muddy prints all over the couches and stairs after a trip outside.  We almost escaped the wet mess without having to mop up mud...almost.

And one more funny thing...Larry is in Palm Beach today working a fundraiser at Donald Trump's house, Mar-a-lago.  (I think that's how you spell it)  That is funny enough, but he calls me today to rave about the golden toilets.  Mind you there are actual camels at the estate for this party he is throwing...but he calls about the gold toilets.  Too funny.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can say, I am happy for you guys. I mean obviously, it would be nice to be on an acre, but I know when the time is right, you'll find the perfect house on an acre-- and for me, it just didn't feel right (as I told you... sorry if I bothered you with me telling you I didnt want you to move!) And this snow, crazy... it was so pretty, but driving in it was not so pretty!! The snowflakes were huge!!!

    And, I think you guys should have at least one gold toilet in your home.

    ReplyDelete