Monday, March 3, 2008

Unbelievable

Ok, I am officially done.  Kimball now has pink eye!!!  Larry is home and very sick.  Kierstin is still sick with some kind of croupy, coughing, whining, grouchy thing...beyond the normal toddler grouchy thing.  Kaden and Kyra seem to be holding up and how I haven't doubled over with all of these sicknesses is amazing to me.  Let's just recap briefly...since December I have had any number of combinations of two or more members of my household sick at one time...sometimes all of them.  What is happening in the world!!!  Ok, done with the rant.

for now

Okay!  And I have started looking at a house in Double Oak.  Some of you know about it, but for those who don't, it is a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath on one acre with a pool and a separate office/ workshop.  Here's the link:


Let me know what you think of it.  There are some very sentimental reasons to stay in the house we are in now.  It has been our shelter and haven in some very difficult times.  It is the home we came to after leaving Utah.  It is the home we came back to after Kierstin joined us.  It is where we became a family again.  I walk through this house sometimes and I don't think I could love another house as much as I love this one.  Outside our front door; however, is another story.  Privacy is limited.  Space to grow is limited.  We love many of our neighbors, and others we have significant issues with regarding the children.  I don't think that changes from one street to another though.  The thing with this other house is that it is a different lifestyle.  There is the pool and the office, which are incredible for us.  There is room for gardening and playing outside.  There is room, as Kimball pointed out, for a great fort and zip line, as well as plenty of room for a good soccer or baseball game.  It looks like childhood over there.  I had an emotional response to the house the first time I saw it...six months ago.  That's how long it's been on the market.  They are asking about $40K too much, so we would only consider it if they came off their price, but it is something special.  

So, look at it and share your thoughts.  Stay in our house we're in, or move on up and over to a little more land.  Bear in mind that it is the same distance to our lovely new shopping, just from another direction.  I look forward to your opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Here are my thoughts on the matter...
    1. The house is adorable! I love it, from what I can tell. Who wouldn't want to live on an acre of land with a pool in such a sweet house as this?
    2. Change is great! Sure, the house you are currently in is where things were put back together but now your re-establshed family can start completely fresh in a house of your own. The house you are in was your haven when you were apart from Larry... maybe y'all could use a little haven that's yours together. I don't know.. just a thought.
    3. What a great way to keep your kids together sometimes. They've gotten so wrapped up in playing with the kids in the neighborhood that maybe there isn't enough family play time. This way you'll have a pool, some room to play... hey, maybe the televisions and video games will even go off for a while. ??? Who knows?
    More importantly, I want to go to your pool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is SO you. It's gorgeous! Of course, I don't know your current house. But just looking at the pictures makes one feel as though s/he belongs. It just feels so warm and homey. It is special...it's got some spirit! You should take it.

    ReplyDelete