Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December 1st!

Good morning all!  It is officially the 1st of December and a wonderful Holiday season.  We have already started our excitement around here and I wanted to share a new snowman template to start things out.  We won't likely get much snow around here, except for the fake stuff on our freshly flocked tree, not a choice we have ever made before, but we actually all love it.  We decorated it last night and we started our day with a little Christmas story.  We are off to decorate a nursing home tonight with lots of friends and family, a very exciting endeavor.  This season, as I told you last week, I hope to celebrate all month long.  Here are some of the things we, or I, have decided to try to do.  I say try loosely, for the record.

SO, we have the Nursing home tonight.  Highland Village Christmas tree lighting Tuesday.  Kimball Court of Honor where he advances to 1st class on Wednesday, that's a big deal.  Thursday is currently open.  Friday, we sing carols at the Nursing home and Saturday we are off to Six Flags for the "Holiday in the Park" extravaganza.  Now, that one brings lots of fond memories from my teenage years with it as I worked there when I was 17.  So much fun!  You are all invited to join in on any of these fun things, if you live here of course.  Oh, and Sunday we are off to Mom and Dad's for dinner and more fun! 

I plan to attend the North Pole Express in Grapevine, the ICE! show at the Gaylord Texan and possibly more.  I just want to share as much fun with the kids as possible, before Christmas morning.  It may be too much, it may not all happen, but darnit, I am going to try.  Who says you can't do all of these things with 4 kids?  (Um, probably people with 4 kids!)

Thanks for sharing your ideas and keep them coming.  Also, share your recipes and food traditions.  Those are fun!

3 comments:

  1. ok, you have officially worn me out just by reading your plans and I only have 2 kids!!!! But i did get tickets to the Rockettes Christmas Show(very expensive!!) but its something Miss Olivia and I get to do together.
    And again, I am sorry, but you guys can't have my kids!!! Red head or not! Wouldn't it be cute to have a little girl with red curly hair, probably won't happen.... interested to see what he/she will look like seeing as i thought we would only have blondes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just saying that if there is a red ,curly headed little girl..we know people and she will be raised a texan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather I always enjoy your posts! I especially enjoyed the before and after of your closet... that IS always the best feeling! :)
    Miss you.
    Tell everyone Hi in TX for me.

    ReplyDelete