Tuesday, June 26, 2012

11 Years with Kyra

I was mad when I found out I was pregnant.  Seriously.  Mad.  I was working with a professional theatre company, auditioning for commercials and feeling amazing.  This threw all of that out the window for at least nine months.  (give or take a year)  Once the surprise wore off things settled down and we got kind of excited.  Yes, only kind of...until we had the sonogram that told us it was a girl.  Something about that word changed the entire thing.  Of course we would have been happy either way, but this was different.  Larry wanted to name her Kierstin, in fact, he had wanted a baby girl named Kierstin since before we met...but when she got here it simply didn't fit her.  It didn't feel right.  We agreed on Kyra Larkin and this adventure began.  She is a curious little creature with great big eyes and a huge imagination.  She is quirky and sweet and funny. She is good to others and always makes us laugh.  She has a genuinely good heart.  She asks lots of strange questions, so strange in fact that we have titled them "Kyra questions".  If you have heard any of these odd queries you know what I mean.  If you haven't...listen closely...it won't take long.  She has lots of them.  She is turning into a young woman, much to her disappointment I am afraid.  She would rather stay a little girl.  I loved having her as a little girl, but I am so looking forward to watching this little flower bloom.  Happy birthday my sweet baby girl!











































2 comments:

  1. That's more like happy birthday MY week baby girl but I will share her with you...she's the best and you have done a great job Mama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S ....MY SWEET BABY GIRL...

    ReplyDelete