Friday, September 19, 2008

So sweet!

Well, it is a good thing I picked up my medicine today because I have been finding lots of things that have made me cry tonight.  First, I finished my vampire books with lots of love and excitement!  And then I watched that darn girl sing on Oprah with Celine! If you haven't seen her, you must find a clip of it.  Amber knows, she called me while I was out to tell me that if I needed a good cry then I should watch it as it had given HER a good cry.  And then!  I checked on NieNie.  Oh.  You just have to read this.   

Uh. huh.  You should be crying by the end.  Wait.  It just occurred to me that Amber doesn't cry.  And she cried for the little girl with Celine.  Interesting.  Moving on.  So, I am reading about Stephanie and Christian and about ready to head off to bed and I get an email from Michelle sharing a couple of pictures that just stopped my heart for a moment.  

As you will remember, Larry is out of town and has been for weeks.  I went to Chicago and brought Larry back with me as a surprise to the kids who were beginning to think he might have run away with the circus.  (actually, he sort of did)  Anyway.  Like the big kids that we are, we decided to really surprise the kids.  So I came in the front door just after dropping Larry off down the road a little and he walked around to the back porch to wait for me to walk the kids out there to find their "surprise".  And this is what it looked like:




I had to fight back tears then just as I did when I opened these pictures that Michelle just sent to me.  I am so grateful for these shots.  I am grateful for the moments we had to share with him before he had to head back out.  I am grateful for the sacrifice he makes to be away from his family and to work tirelessly for weeks on end to take care of us.  It is hard to be apart and people ask me all the time how we do it, and I just tell them that it is what we know and we have found a kind of balance that sort of works.  We both have our moments, or days, that seem like we can't keep up...but we do.  I wish you could see the kids' faces from the other angle so that you could see the genuine relief in their eyes when they saw him.  I am so happy to have these, if only to see the look on HIS face.  Thank you Michelle!

4 comments:

  1. OK, first of all, I do cry...just not in movies! Normall over mom type things now,you know, like a teenage daugter fufilling her dream, all in dedication of the mother that supported those dreams! Those things make me weepy, but again, it is safe to assume that I was exceptionally weepy due to the discord that was occurring between me and my own dear daughters:) Ahh, they are precious!! Great pics BTW, love that smile on Larry's face!! Thanks for the NieNie update...who doesn't love a good love story! Luckily for my missionary, I never dated anyone else, and we lived happily ever after (OK, we are still working on that part, but it is shaping up nicely!) Gotta go finish baking my GF chocolate cake now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you cry. It just struck me that's all. In a good way. She was worth crying for. It was very sweet. And how can you not love Celine! And I am really excited to hear how your GF cake goes...curious minds want to know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt cry with Celine and the little girl, but it was very cute. Not as cute as those pictures though, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't cry. I never cry. I am a heartless wench who possesses no emotion whatsoever. HA! (If only my husband could read that!) Yeah I cried. In fact, I've cried every time I've seen that girl. She is amazing and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete