Tuesday, July 14, 2009

105 degrees

It actually reached 105 today.  Now, at 6:39 pm it is still 103.  It is not record breaking, which would have to surpass 107, but really close.

In response to this heat, we headed out to a new water park in Rowlett today which boasted of cool water and a fair number of things for the kids to do.  We enjoyed a couple of hours there and then headed home.  On said trip home, Kyra began complaining of stomach pains.  She ended up crying by the time we got home.  And within a hour of being home, she showed the truest sign of inheriting Kierstin's "going bonkers" virus: she threw up.  Now she is sleeping comfortably in a 77 degree living room where you can hear the faint sounds of "I think I can, I think I can" coming from our worn out air conditioner.  

So, we chug along, one sick child today with high temperatures and take solace in popsicles and the knowledge that this virus is only 24 hours.  And then I only have one more child that can get it.  Kaden.  Start your stopwatches now...it's only a matter of time.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the heat!!!! While yall are all at the pool playing, I am working out in this heat! in and out of my car... just long enough for my car to get hot... then I get right back in, and have to wait for my cars AC to kick in. Its AWESOME. There better be a BIG PAY OFF FOR ALL THIS!!!!!!

    Ill call you tomorrow about Sat... Jason and I haven't made a decision yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little sickness of ours might not be something you want to inherit. If Kaden doesn't have it yet, chances are he will get it around Thursday and it seems to last about 24 to 48 hours. I am hoping that this doesn't go into the weekend, but I thought you should know. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am so not envious of you right now, that heat is horrible and kids sick on top of it~aghh!!

    ReplyDelete