Monday, July 20, 2009

Staycation

Well, well, well.  I think that I have concluded, once again, that I am spending too much time frolicking on the internet, playing with my blog friends and inventing ways to kill time on hot summer days, well, perhaps I am inventing ways to avoid things to do on these hot summer days.  Today we went to the Dallas Zoo.  It was a nice, relatively temperate day and it was begging for a day trip.  I rallied the troops and it took us awhile to get out the door.  We headed into Dallas for lunch at a true DIVE in Deep Ellum, totally cool, and then spent a couple of hours at the zoo.  (By the way, if you have AAA, then you get $3 off PER ticket!)  We played in water and talked to birds and monkeys and elephants.  We wandered around until we found my very favorite creature, the giraffe.  Long and lean and lovely and majestic.  The kids all took their turns talking to the animals, one of the favorites had to be the giant turtles.  GIANT.  At the end of this story, I know that I want more of those days.  More fun, more outings, more time exploring with my favorite little people.  We have so much fun together, well, unless we are annoying each other with tasks and such.  
(that's normal though, right?) 

Basically, I am going on "staycation" with my kids and I will document more as the time comes.  We will take pictures and tell stories.  School is starting back sooner than I would like and time is moving much faster these days.  So, enjoy your days, explore your homes and neighborhoods, play with your kids and families and bask in the joy of escape, wherever that may be.

1 comment:

  1. If you go to the aquarium please tell me in advance so I can take off work. I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete