Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back to reality, for real this time!

As some of you know Larry changed jobs a little this last year.  He joined forces with Big Screen Networks out of Los Angeles and formed what is now called BSN Events.  Some of the great things that came from that include INSURANCE!  INSURANCE! INSURANCE!  And of course there is the salary that comes every other week no matter what project he is working on.  Another huge plus!  He was also able to increase his client base to include companies like NHL, NFL and Major League Baseball.  Now as pretty as all of that sounds, the other side of that is that we are living on a salary...no big shows to surprise us with a little bit extra...you get the picture.  So, after several years of owning his own company and not paying too much attention to budget, I mean a little but not nearly enough, we are now on a BUDGET.  Here is what that means for me...structure, planning and coupons.  I won't lie, I am terrible at that.  I am that person who gets annoyed when I am in a grocery line and the person in front of me pulls out a stack of coupons which will invariably take forever.  Yep, that's me.  I am working on that one.  Promise.  Anyway!

So with this revised arrangement I have spent some time online looking for coupons and deals and ideas that will help me be better at it.  I don't know that I will ever be the person who has it all figured out and can spend $2.36 for $90.00 of food but I would like to learn to shop smarter.  Cook smarter.  Work smarter.  Along that journey I will share ideas and links that I think you might like.  It's kinda fun actually.  Do you have tips to share?  Everyone seems to be focused on smarter spending so we could all use the advice.

Becentsable — Saving you money, time, and resources

Coupons | Free Coupons | Printable Coupons | Coupon Dad

And for locals:
My Dallas Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment