Sunday, January 16, 2011

Middle of January and another day off from school

Um.  Excuse me.  Over here...yeah...it's me and I am just wondering...is it actually  January 16th?  Have we already reached the middle of the first month of the year 2011?  Are we actually about the embark on the second semester of school, thereby crossing the halfway point in the school year?  Is it possible?  I feel a little disoriented by that one, to be honest.  Resolutions have only simmered thus far, though there is a new sense of order and function around here...even when Larry isn't here!  (that's kind of a big deal)  See below:

Without Larry:

(not actually my home but a representation as stolen from some other crazy woman's house)











                                                                  

With Larry:

(again, not my house...though it is rather charming)

As you can see, Larry is much more motivated by clean than I am.  I am learning as we go and have taken on some projects of my own along the way.  I can honestly say; however, that I will never care as much about it as he does.  He is a machine.  Within three hours of his return from any trip the fridge is cleaned out, the pantry is organized, the counters are cleared and laundry is well in motion.  It's impressive really.  (sometimes annoying but I am learning to really appreciate his talents!)

So, those projects I speak of have been waiting for me patiently.  From repainting baseboards to finishing a dresser makeover for Kyra...still waiting.  Oh and I have letters to hang in Kierstin's room and pictures to hang in the family room.  Curtains for the kitchen and so much more.

Gasp!  The Golden Globes have just started so I will have to go to break and will return with the second half of our programming after the show...it's a long show so it could be awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment