Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New day for fun

So, it has been brought to my attention by a number of you that I should consider therapy for the number of days that I have reported being grouchy.  Instead of therapy I believe that I will go with a sort of reverse psychology thing on myself and talk about positive things instead of grouchy things which will hopefully prompt better moods.  Make sense?  I am afraid that either I have given you the wrong idea about how often I am grouchy, or I am in denial.  The funny thing about me, or not so funny depending on which end of it you find yourself, is that I am happy and calm and focused most of the time and then I just reach my max and I am done.  When I am done, I am really done and though I try to pretend otherwise sometimes, often for the sake of unsuspecting children and guests, I just have my limits.  I have come to know that about myself over the years so I am better prepared to walk away when I know that it's just me being sensitive.  So, with all of that said, let's be "happy Heather" today, shall we?  (That's all of my personalities talking to each other.)

Larry comes home tomorrow!!!  He is particularly tired on this trip and really looking forward to a break.  You know that a break for him means work for us because he is a project guy.  On his last "break" we completely gutted, cleaned and organized the garage.  He wants to tackle the playroom.  He will want to work in the yard.  He will aim for finishing our bathroom.  I can't complain I know.  I am very blessed to have such a hard worker in our family.  I do hope that he will catch up on some sleep first though.  He has earned it.

I don't have much to share this morning.  Oh, except that I think I might start another blog for memories.  It would really be something for me to work on journaling things I should have journaled as they happened but don't want to forget.  It may be boring stuff for the rest of you so skip it if you aren't into memory lane.  But, at some point you may get to see some of the stuff that made this little life of mine.  

OH!  Did you see "The Biggest Loser" finale?  They all looked so good!!!! 
Check it out!!!

MOTIVATION!

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing this sort of memory journaling for years. Not on a blog, of course, but here's how I do it (you might find it helpful, even though you actually had something to do with how I started it all):

    I always found it very charming how you had many journals and pretty books for different things (I even think you wrote one of the aforementioned business plans in one of the pretty books). You didn't want to just write on plain paper...no way. It always had to be pretty paper. I think you told me Oprah said to have something like 7 journals--other than a food journal, I can't remember the other types, so I started one called Random Memories.

    See, sometimes I will remember some experience in my life so vividly, but I don't necessarily know the exact chronology of events that led up to it. And I used to just say to myself, "Oh, I don't have time to write the whole story out in order." And then I'd put it off. But what if I never have that exact memory again so vividly?

    So, in my Random Memories journal, I try to figure out an approximate year in my life in which that experience happened and then I write it down. Just that moment. I try not to be obsessive about needing to know the stuff that led to it, as I may remember that stuff later in separate memories. I always leave a page or two blank after I've written something down, just in case more details of the experience emerge later in my memory muddled mind.

    ~A

    ReplyDelete