Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Laughter!

Ok, so I just had a great night.  I laughed and laughed.  I scheduled the viewing party of "The Bachelor: London" for my house tonight.  I also scheduled a friend from baseball to come and share her new passion, Scentsy candles, er warmers...whatever you call them, they smell good.  So, most everyone calls and bails on me at the last minute.  Not cool...but, the house smelled great and then my friend Allison showed up.  We watched the show, laughed at the foolishness and she just left at 1:00am because we just kept laughing. I think we got high on the all the pretty smells, and the ones that were face scrunching bad.  It took some time to get the kids to bed, but all in all, it went pretty well.  I will be really tired in the morning, but sometimes you just need to laugh.  

By the way, yesterday was a funny day.  We went to Arlington to be there for my sister Lindsey on the day that she and her husband Mike blessed their new baby girl.  It was all very sweet and went surprisingly well...meaning, we were all on time, well Kristen snuck in while they were singing, but the majority of us were there early and seated.  The strange thing was that we met in a building in Arlington that we went to when I was 16 years old across from a house that we once lived in.  Those days are long gone but it all came back as I watched some old faces come in and shook hands with old friends.  I was even reminded of a boy I once though I might marry.  He married someone else, and so did I obviously, twice if you want to get technical, but the memory of that boy and those first feelings are still so sweet to me.  I can't help it.  It was all a little surreal.

Amber has started a blog!!!  Find her link over there on the side and check in on her from time to time.  It looks like it will be a good one.  Her oldest daughter is turning 8 this week so I bet she is feeling particularly sentimental.  :)  Party at Amber's this Friday!!!  I need to go help her, by the way.  Amber, if you are reading this, I can help!  Whatever you ask, well, you know what I mean.  And Kristen is gathering recipes on a new blog that she created, so stop in over there and share a favorite recipe.  We love trying new things.  Allrecipes.com and I are close friends.  

It's really late and I still need a shower so I must go.  Thanks for continuing to check in even when you are starting to get a little bored.  (And Cammie, what is up with being blocked from your blog?  Do I not mean anything to you anymore?  I am crying now.  Nice going!  I still want to work out with you even if you don't want to share your life with me.  Poor me, right?  I am sure that it was just an oversight.)

Have a great night all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here for our special day!! I, too, was very impressed with the promptness and relatively good behavior! It meant a lot to have everyone here, even in our somewhat cramped quarters and after a long drive. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me! I do love you, and you're right, it was/is an oversight because we had some crazies reading our blog (long story - Steves work peeps) and I can't figure out how to block it from some and not others. Anyway, I think it may take you coming to my house and actually dragging me to the gym. Physically. Where are you watching that show I'm too embarrassed to admit I watch? Steve will actually be home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete