Saturday, April 5, 2008

Update

Kyra had her big try out today.  I don't know what the results are yet, but she said that she had a great time and that she would NEVER quit.  Many of you have found the humor in this new adventure of ours, so the word never should give you a great laugh.  I am admittedly a little tickled that she had decided to pursue this at all.  This is the little girl who told me just this week that she was not into that whole "fashion thing" like the other girls.  I was not sure what to make of that so I pressed.  She says, "you know, like Sweet and Sassy and Libby Lu, that sort of thing just isn't my thing".  Now, I am thrilled with that because such places make my head spin a bit but cheerleading isn't much higher on the list of things I most dislike participating in.  Of course I will be all smiles and hugs for the princess and be so proud of her for even going out there and mucking it up with the other little twinkies her size.  But still.

Speaking of trying new things, I am considering some kind of controlled experiment.  There is a long list of things I would like to do with myself and some of them are included on that pile of forgotten but impressive dreams.  I was thinking about this a bit today and I want to see how many of them I can incorporate into my life.  We have to remember that my days begin and end with children and mom stuff, but the question has to be asked, Can Heather do both?  (I know it's a little Sex and the City right now, but go with it.)  Let's start with a list of must do's:

Kids require food, clothing, love and discipline all the time.  That translates to most of my day.  Breakfast and lunch are handled before they go to school.  The morning takes about an hour to get the big kids off to school, leaving Kierstin here.  SO, with Kierstin here I can get plenty of things done, but that doesn't include going to do certain things like piano lessons and things like that.  Fortunately I have a great woman who takes care of her on such occasions.  So, kids get home at 3:30 and from then on, it's all kids.  Tuesdays we have Scouts and Activity Days at church.  Wednesdays we have tumbling and piano.  Thursdays we have baseball and soccer practices.  Fridays are variable as we could have games and Saturdays are saturated with soccer, baseball and tumbling.  So, let's just assume that we are adding two more practices for Kyra for cheer and that means that five of seven afternoons are stacked.  Sundays and Mondays I keep free for church and family and relative quiet before the storm.  The kids are in bed generally by 9 pm.  And we are up again at 6:30 the next day.

 Now, here is a list of things I would like to do myself in the day.  Brace yourself:
Exercise, piano practice, vocal practice, acting lessons, clean house, read, study for school, tan when necessary (and it is necessary about now) and volunteer at the school.  Is it possible to do all of that every week and accomplish something other than a nervous breakdown?  I think I am ready to find out.  I have secured a piano teacher who I quite like and the first lesson went well. I will see her every Thursday morning.  I have a friend that I like to work out with and a trainer that we see, when we go, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  That leaves Tuesday mornings for voice lessons, once I find a coach.  I have had no luck finding an acting coach but will keep looking.  Where that will fit is suspect.  I don't know if I have the tenacity for this much improvement, but I am considering giving it a good effort.  I will see if I can round out the "team" of coaches and set up a schedule and if you see me on the evening news as another mother who is losing her mind, you have been forewarned.  Otherwise, let's see what Heather can do.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment