Friday, February 1, 2008

Day One

Ok! Larry is out of town for FIVE WEEKS! I am not at all sure what to expect...well, that's not entirely true...I do have some experience as a single mom. I have embarked on a fun little test for myself though. I have started training again! At the gym! Ok, before you start placing any bets, I have started training in a group with a friend of mine. She told me about this class she is in and her trainer and I thought I would try. I can honestly say that I have learned more and worked harder in the last week than I think I have ever gleaned from previous attempts at this. I am sore. I am focused and I am ready to take on this particular challenge. It is a self-inflicted challenge, mind you. I want to see how much change I can create in 5 weeks. So, the goal weight in my world...or goal shape I guess...is around 135 and comfortably wearing a size 8. I know that I am capable of it as I have done it before. I don't think it will happen in 5 weeks but I do think I can make a pretty good dent. Here is a picture of me a couple of years ago at 140 pounds.




And now we shall see a current photo:                                   
(A Relatively good shot)

And a not so great shot:

You should know; however, that the last picture is of Kierstin's first look at Christmas morning as we came down the stairs...one of my favorite pictures!

So, with all of this said, I am excited to report that this week has gone fairly well, except for lunch with Kristen. She led me astray. I am going to see how far
 this will take me and how much I can actually accomplish. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I didnt know!!!! From now on, lettuce and ice chips *which I do remember eating lots of ice!!! Thank goodness you're blogging some, you kinda lost it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have every amount of confidence that you can indeed do this so don't back down or I'll kick your butt! (how's that for supportive?? :) Rock on with the proactiveness and diligence!

    ReplyDelete