Saturday, February 16, 2008

Prescription for Relief

1 Rainy Day
House cleaned by wonderful Brazilian couple
Carpets still lovely from the best carpet cleaning I have ever had from ZeroRez!  (Seriously, I won't use anyone else after this)
1 Grocery trip to restock bare shelves
1 Chocolate Cake- 3 layers of Lisa's Double Chocolate Chip Cake from Allrecipes.com
1 Copy of the new Hollywood edition of Vanity Fair magazine
Kids all comfortably medicated, in jammies, playing together peacefully for the first time in three weeks.

That is today's recipe for relief.

Oh, and a fair amount of Excedrin and Advil for those moments when the children could not find comfort.  Two of them actually argued over one spot on the couches in my family room today.  We have two big couches with a relatively easy to see television.  There was no shortage of room for either of them.  But, it was a fight nonetheless.

That sounds like one of those "priceless" commercials.

And I just have to add a special thank you to my sister Amber.  She called me this morning and said that she would be coming over around 4 for 2 to 3 hours to watch the kids and I could go do whatever I wanted.  Let's remember that this is the sister who has been in the hospital with her son for the past 4 days.  She has PLENTY to work with at her house and she was willing to come to my sick house and offer me a break.  I can't tell you how sweet that was to me.  I did talk her out of it as I have been sufficiently cared for today with my home being cleaned.  And, for the record, it is cleaner than it has ever been.  So...thank you to my sweet sister whose unending patience is consistently impressive to me.  I am in awe of her tenacity.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Well, your thanks are well recieved, and appreciated!! Sometimes I guess it really is the thought that counts!! I do want to know where my invite for some of that cake was though!!! I was honestly thinking about getting the stuff to make some tomorrow, but remembered that I had promised fondue! OH well, I am sure that there is some still left for me, so I will be by later!! Love ya ~Amber~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, its a good thing you have one nice sister! And drugs-- its a good thing you have drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh... I almost don't know what to do with myself.. most of my family is in need and yet I am unable to be there for probably the first time in my life. Good thing there are plenty of us to be there for each other! Glad things are getting better 'round there... we can't wait to be with everyone again so tell your dang hoodlums to get better! :)

    ReplyDelete