Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Help with the decorating already!!!

Here I am in this wonderful home that I absolutely love and I am trying to finish up random projects, including dressing windows and walls.  There are the residual projects that include master bathroom renovations and polishing up some worn paint on the kitchen cabinets, but those are bigger projects than I am tackling at this point.  So, I have taken a few pictures in order to seek the advice of friends and neighbors. (Hey, that was the name of a movie that was made out of a play that I was once in a long time ago, just a bit of trivia.)

Here we go:

First and most obvious problem area in my house: the make shift baby playroom for Kierstin which is actually also a living room and music room but not really working well as any of them.  whew.  Got all of that?  I need storage, window treatments, dressing for the top of the bookshelf that I am no longer really a fan of and really I would like to replace everything but the piano, unless you wanted to send a baby grand piano my way and then I would really have to restructure the room.  Please tell me you have a solution, one that does not break the bank of Larry of course.  


Next:

So, this is my bedroom and I actually did make the bed, sort of, before I took this picture.  I didn't want you to think I was a slob.  :)  So, these windows are wonderful and they overlook our very sweet backyard.  But what to do????  I have these wood blinds up there now which are fine for privacy but really make no statement.  What would you do there???  Drapes all the way across?  Valances?  Sheers?  
Oh, no, no sheers.  



Ok, just a sidebar here, but Kierstin just walked in to my CLEAN office and spit out her chewed up pretzel all over the floor and is now screaming "more" at me.  Fool me twice, right?  Ah, parenthood!

1 comment: