Thursday, July 10, 2008

And Then There Were Blueberries

 Summer fun, part 2:

We went on to The Berry Patch, where we picked the last blueberries of the season for this beautiful farm.  The babies didn't take long to figure out that they could abandon the buckets for easier eating...right off the bushes.  I am not at all sure how many Kierstin ate as she wandered through the aisles and aisles of blueberries bushes.  She did not discriminate between blueberries, ready or not.  She did learn relatively quickly that if she chose the bigger BLUE berries, those were sweet and yummy.  The kids were all so funny as we stood literally melting in the heat while they searched for what they called the ultimate "score".  Afterwards we headed to a foodie destination called The Fried Pie Company in Gainesville.  The food wasn't great...but Oh. My. Word. These little fried creations are yummy. Sinful, even.  

All in all it was a fantastic summer adventure where for a few precious moments there was only the sound of laughter floating on warm air in the middle of nowhere, Texas.

    

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, how stinkin cute!!!! The babies were indeed adorable during that little adventure! Coutrlyn with the peaches: too cute for words! And Kierstin cracks me up with wanting to hold RJs hand. What a fun day! Can't wait until Lacey can enjoy being a part of things like that. Too fun!
    P.S. The other kids were cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... the babies aren't babies anymore...sniff sniff. Even Courtlyn will be 1 next month!!!!! UGH! Kierstin is too funny always wanting to hold kids hands! Maybe one day I'll be invited to your summer activities. Just kidding, I was sick today, and ya know-- some of us have jobs. Muah ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... pretty sure you have five individual full-time jobs: 1. Kimball 2. Kaden 3. Kyra 4. Kierstin 5. House... oh wait, then there's husband, and then extended family, and then all of the things you do for friends and the school and....... crap, now I'm tired! You do much to be proud of, sister, so don't sell yourself short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll show you a full time job... *Insert Sarcastic tone..*

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sarcasm was lost on Lindsey (because I know well how awesome and busy I am)...but it appears that Kristen caught it. She called me a name again. I am sensing some animosity with all of this name calling dear sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no... I cuaght it... just trying to be encouraging and positive... why not pay a compliment every once in a while, I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because we're Whelan, what are you thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha.... just read all these. My family rocks!

    No animosity dear sister. Im actually eating munster cheese on Costco tortillas thanking you at the moment =)

    ReplyDelete