Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Day, Another Adventure

Addendum:  I had to get this picture of Kyra dressed in her matching pajamas, brushing her new friends hair.  It is taken with my phone so it is not the best quality photo, but it is just too sweet.  

Another addendum:  I must point out that Kyra happily bought this little treasure with her birthday money.  I did supplement a little with another outfit but she was so excited to spend the money that several people had been gracious enough to give her for her birthday.  But, as I pointed out to Miss Kyra yesterday, I am considering her birthday officially closed.  (It was June 27th, and as Lindsey pointed out, it has been unending celebrating.)  She has had two weeks of birthday extravaganza.  She told me yesterday that next year's birthday would have to be 3 weeks.  :)  Um, NO.


So this has sure been a busy week.  Today's adventure started with a trip into Dallas to the new American Girl Store.  I can't say that I ever thought that Kyra would care about this doll, but now that she does, it is great fun.  We walked into the store with Kyra, Kierstin, Grandma and myself.  It was a little like walking into the FAO Schwartz in Vegas for the first time.  It was magnificent, and flooded with little girls and their mommies.  (There is a subject for another time in that whole concept of the mommies at the Dallas Galleria as it was a culture unto itself.)  Moving on.

Kyra quickly found her "Just Like Me" doll and named her Amy.  :)  Oh, but there are two glaring differences between Kyra and Amy, Amy's ears are pierced and her hair is a bit more blonde.  Now, Grandma gave no suggestions for the earring thing, but she did suggest that Brittany could either darken Amy's hair a little when she comes to visit, or she could highlight Kyra's hair.  Which do you think that Kyra chose?  

Back to the adventure:

She picked out an outfit and even a little doggie named Coconut.  Meanwhile, Kierstin was a little overwhelmed.  She wanted only to play with all of the pretty things.  I was very tempted to get one of the Bitty Babies for her as well.  But I restrained, for now.  Think Christmas.  We did attempt to eat at the Bistro upstairs, but evidently the other mommies knew something I didn't...reservations help.  There was an hour wait that we concluded would be better spent at The Grand Lux across the way.  Kyra actually tried Chicken Tortilla Soup and liked it.  She also ordered something new for her...a cheese quesadilla.  We must thank Grandma Teresa for that down in San Antonio.  I think I have gained 5 pounds just eating those things at home since we got back.  Another indulgence for the summer.  

All in all, another fun activity, and a new adventure for this crew.  As you can see in the pictures, Kyra has not left Amy's side and has even set up a new little area for her things.  They are in the same pj's on the couch as we speak.  I have to say that I do love that this little girl has gone back to little girl play for awhile.  I thought I might lose her to video games and computers, but for just a bit longer, she is enjoying playing with her doll.  A cherished moment indeed.


2 comments:

  1. So in my complete stupidity, I thought that Kyra's birthday was in July! I thought that these unending celebrations were preceding the event... I don't know why. Can I blame post-baby brain? I'm having to claim that A LOT lately! Now I'll have to make up for my mistake... perhaps that sleep over at my house will remedy the situation. Sorry, Kyra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Kyra! I remember when you were born. :) I had a My Friend Mandy doll that looked just like your Amy but, well, you know, her name was Mandy.

    ReplyDelete