Monday, November 24, 2008

Curtains: Round 2

SO, round 1 with the curtains didn't receive glowing reviews from anyone, namely Larbear, and for the record, Kaden didn't think they were great.  He said, and I quote, "We've had better".  So, those were returned today and I opted for a more muted selection.  I am going to get this right, even if I have to buy and return 10 times, though that is one of my least favorite things to do.  I will prevail though!  In the name of good design, what do you think of this?  The orange pillow there on the couch is not helping the color scheme as I look at it, so try to ignore that.  The color in the valance over there in the dining room is sort of a cadet blue-ish, and I do mean ISH.  I like the color though.  

2 comments:

  1. Here is the problem, it is just too hard to really see the colors in a picture. I mean, I do like the lighter look of the ones over the dining room windows, but the other ones just look dark to me, so I cant get a good visual. Not that my visuals are very helpful, clearly this is not my strong point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a picture in a JCPenney catalog that I will bring to show you... I saw it and thought that it might look good in your house. My thing is, I hate to admit, that I don't love valances on their own. In my own quest, however, I have seen some cool roman shades... so perhaps that is a good option for the dining room windows?? I don't know... I'm still trying to solve my window dilemma so perhaps I am not the best person to be giving opinions! Good luck!
    Oh, and I agree with Amber... it is difficult to give a good assessment based on a picture. Perhaps I will be better able to help on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete