Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More gratitude


Hello all!  Well, I have been busy these last two days with kids and the house and Larry heading out of town for 2 weeks.  Today is, in fact, the 14th anniversary of the 1st time Larry and I got married.  Say that 10 times fast, and then tell the long sordid tale of how we divorced and then got back together...no, actually...let's not.  We went through a lot, certainly, but he has always been there...sometimes even when I didn't want him there.  Sometimes when I wanted to kill him, but nonetheless...he kept coming back.  Today I am grateful for him.  I am grateful for the trials that made us realize how much we had to fight for, and there were many trials.  We sure did make a mess of our lives, but somehow, we're here.  I am grateful for every day that we have and for all of the stuff that comes with it.  I am even thankful for the times that he is driving me crazy with the cleaning.  I am grateful for the cleaned out pantry, and the folded laundry, for the lists of things he gives me to do, for his willingness to live here in Texas and travel for work, for how much he loves each of our four children.  The way he looks at them, the way they adore him, it is tremendous.  I am grateful for his ability to "put up" with me.  (and he really does know how)  There used to be so many reasons for this love not to work, but there are more that allow us to be together, to raise this family in love and faith, and to work to build each day as a team.  I have loved him for most of my adult life, and I am proud to call him my husband and best friend.

As for the rest of you...you are not answering my direct question.  What are you grateful for?

4 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for Lar-Bear too! :)

    And since no one else is adding to your list, I'll add another one: tonight, I'm grateful that for the first time in months, Lacey fell asleep on my chest as I was rocking and singing to her. Hasn't done that since she was little bitty and it was so very sweet. Of course, it came as a result of the little fever that kept her miserable for most of the day and left her fairly pathetic and tired (don't worry, we're not bringing a sickness into your home. It's either a result of teething or possibly an ear infection. Nothing contageous). I'd rather her feel well than fall asleep on my chest, but I'll take the sweet little moments as they come.
    And if it makes you feel better, your post did generate a lot of grateful thoughts in me, most of which I proceeded to record in my journal. Thanks for making your faithful readers put things into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired an entire post in your honor..check it out!! Right now, I am grateful for a place to sleep...not so grateful for the alarm clock that will welcome another early morning..but hey, at least we have another morning to wake up to with healthy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dangit! I thought about you today and forgot to wish you a Happy 14th First Anniversary!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great way to put it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete