Thursday, August 14, 2008

Need suggestions

Ok.  I should be sleeping.  I need my...NEEEEEEEED my beauty sleep.  Turning, oh wait...it's after midnight...it's officially August 14th, 2008 and I am now 35.  

Moment of silence, followed by loud cheering and singing, please.

Ok.  Back to the task at hand.  I need some ideas of something fun to do with the kiddos for my birthday.  I mean, I know we could all gather and find some cool place to go eat, but that lacks originality.  Ooooo...what about a drive-in?  Hmmm, need your thoughts.  Remember, Dallas area, kids from 2 to almost 12, me, maybe sisters and kiddos if they want to party like its, well, 2008.  And...um, let's not get too crazy on the budget.  What would you do here in the area for your birthday under such circumstances?  

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, Heather dear. Happy days will come to you all year....

    Hm.. do you suppose that means that every day will be a happy day all year or they'll come but who knows when or how many of them there will be? I miss primary! Haha!!
    Ummmmm..... I dunno what to suggest other than to say that you must enjoy your day. All of it. So if you figure out how you would like to do that, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am still working on searching out fun things, I did find the information for the drive in, but the movies are kinda a bust as far as the kids go!! And it is so far that I am not convinced yet that is would be worth it. I do know that if you are a waterpark kinda mood, the denton water works park has half price admissions after 5 pm, so you could end the day up there if you wanted. I will let you know if I find something cool. I will say, that the Fort Worth stockyards had some cool activities. It may be too hot for today, but we need to go one Friday in the fall or something...fun, and mostly free stuff for all. Happy Birthday to you, I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! You could take a road trip up to the Chicago area and see your dear friend Cammie and her 2 very lonely girls. They would proceed to wine and dine you, take your girls to American Girl Place, your boys to a Cubs game followed by a canoe ride down the lazy Fox River. Chicago beats Dallas with a stick.....(to bad the people are so mean)
    I miss you!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I'm still signed in as Mads, but clearly, I'm Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAMMIE!!!!! Oh how we miss you here! And those lonely girls of yours. Larry is doing a show in Chicago for all of September and I think I get to take a weekend to come up there to see the sights. I wonder if one of those sights could be YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Heather!!!
    The bed is sooo cute...
    Did you do that yourself?!
    I hope you found something fun to do for your b-day!
    With that many kids and ages I think sometimes staying home is more fun! :)
    We did go to the Science museum and it was great!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete