Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reality Check

In my blog surfing moments I often stumble into exciting and fun new places where I get to really learn from other mom's who enjoy this same internet world.  In the past week; however, I found a post about a well loved blogger referred to as nienie who was recently involved in a horrific airplane accident that has left her, as well as her husband, in critical condition in a burn unit near their home.  They, like me, have four young children and their families have really rallied around them.  There are a number of people looking to help them with donations and I have added a link to a site that is accepting donations in their name.  If you have the ability and feel the connection that I have felt, please consider donating to this family.

You could also take a look at this lovely post on one of my favorite sites.  She has linked lots of auctions and ideas for helping out this family.  Check her site here:  Design Mom: Nie Nie Day

I know that there are many in need.  For some reason, I have felt compelled by this family that I many never know.  But those babies need their mom and dad back home.

For updates on the situation, check in here:   cjanerun.com

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that is incredible to say the least!! Thanks for the info, I could read for hours about her, and all of the folks that have decided to help. I will have to think of someway to contribute, after all, I would hope that others would do the same for me:)

    ReplyDelete