Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day (and an update)


Oh how I love him.  My father has always, as long as I have memory, been my hero.   I am so happy to be here in Texas and to have the ability to see him and talk to him,watch my babies play with him and know that he is so close and always eager for grandchild visits.  He has baptized the boys and will baptize my Kyra this weekend.  (I say "my" loosely as many seem to claim her as theirs as well)  He has blessed my babies.  He has driven to Vegas and back to pick me up when it was necessary.  He and my mother have been married for nearly 39 years.  Through all of the trials and the rewards of such a life, his love for his family has always won out.  He works harder than we realize and deserves so much more than this life has given him so far.  He is passionate about his children, even when we think he is being quiet, as if he might not have anything to say.  I suspect he has LOTS to say but leaves that to Mom.  He is one of the most beautiful men I have ever known.  I remember Mom saying once that she wished he could see himself the way she sees him, and I feel the same.  I hope that someday he can know the full weight of his influence and love and humor and goodness on those who love him.  I am so very proud of him and proud that my children now look to him as an example.  He is so very loved.  So, on this Father's Day and every day... I love you Dad.  So, so much.

[Update on Vancouver:  I got an email from the family who may rent our home and they will not be rushing up to move in July 1st.  They are now looking at August 1st.  Whether they want our home or not has yet to be confirmed, but I am indeed relieved not to have to scramble this week with anything other than honoring our almost 8 year old daughter, and welcoming Larry home for a bit.  I will update as it comes.]

And this is a little something sent to Larry:  We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's sweet and all, but what happened to your meal planning? Nora and I discussed it last night and determined that you need to get back to it. We love stealing your ideas! That, and both of our computers are so slow that searching for recipes online is no easy process... so we vote that you do it. :)
    I will finally be trying that 40 clove chicken this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to stop reading your blogs- you make me cry almost every time!! And by the way- Olivia cried herself to sleep the other night holding a pic of her and Kyra saying how much she missed her :(

    ReplyDelete