Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer Vacation: Day 2

Tired.

Got doughnuts.
Washed windows.
Swimming for two hours.
Ran around getting Kyra and Kimball to birthday parties.  (included a last minute shopping trip for presents.)
Drove out to Mom's with Kaden and Kierstin.  Amber calls.   I forgot to pick her up at my house before I left so I turned around and went back home.
Drove out to Mom's with Kaden and Kierstin and Amber and RJ and Courtlyn and Haylee and Grace.  
Played in the sprinklers, ate hot dogs and strawberry cake. 
Mosquitos showed up.  As did lots of bunny rabbits.  
Drove the crew home and got to watch the end of a fireworks show as we stumbled into some event traffic on the way home from Amber's.
Picked up Kyra and Kimball.
Kierstin HAD to have a bath where she promptly asked me to put her to bed.  Time: 10:35pm.  Hey, that's earlier than yesterday.
I have stacks of projects in various corners of the house and laundry to do but tonight I am sleepy and will be headed off to bed.

Review for the day:  Busy, but fun.  Somewhat productive, though the laundry room would disagree.  Tomorrow, right?

Larry gets to join us for a day on Monday where we will see a movie, I think, have a fun breakfast and possibly throw something on the bbq.  Really looking forward to that.  Hope you are as tired as I am and able to make your way to a comfy bed AND that your children, as well as mine, will sleep through the night.  Ah, uninterrupted sleep.  Who does that?

1 comment:

  1. Isnt summer nice??? We've got to get Kierstin trained for bed, but other than that, everything sounds perfect for you!!! You've got a lot to be grateful for! Especially me!

    ReplyDelete