Monday, June 8, 2009

Travel season is on!

Well, we have enjoyed having Larry home today.  We got to enjoy a little Ihop action over here in Highland Village this morning and then run a couple of last minute errands.  One of which led to a fair amount of stress as Larry tried to deposit a check from Vancouver into his U.S. account and they informed us that it would take up to 6 weeks to get it cleared.  Not the best plan in our world.  We already waited nearly 4 months to get the check in the first place.  Bad timing!  

We then spent our afternoon packing and more packing.  I am happy to say; however, that Kimball is packed for camp and we are packed and cleaned up and ready for our trip to Kansas.  Larry is packed and ready to head out at 4 in the morning!  (Kyle has graciously accepted the task of taking Larbear to the airport.  Thank you!!!)

In other news, I have stumbled onto a local website that I hope will bring some fun this summer.  Over at Burbmom.net they have initiated a program that invites locals to experience new attractions in the area.  You have to sign up and be willing to do surveys after the events, but in exchange you get to be a part of a free program that allows you to try out these new things at little to no cost, as space allows.  So, I signed up and I am excited to see what comes of it.  You should check it out and support our local partners who try so hard to provide attractions even when the economy is struggling.  Playin' Around Town Home Page  Sign up and let's try this together.  Another thing I want to do when I get back is head over to the Dallas Arboretum as they have a very fun display of kids playhouses throughout the gardens.  As long as it isn't 98 degrees, that would be a fun morning activity while the boys are at camp.  (they won't care anyway)  

So, have a fun week and I will catch up when we get back with pictures and stories of baby Josie, little Billie, big girl Olivia and Master Ty!!!  We hope to get up to Liberty Jail, if time and money allow, so maybe we will have some stories about that too.  Maybe we will just have lots of pictures of the hotel pool...you never can tell!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I wanna go! I mean, I don't so much want to be crammed in the car with all of the kiddos and gone for quite that long, but I do want to see Brit, Jon, and their crews. Lots of pictures!!
    We'd love to go to the Arboretum when you get back so let me know when you might do that! I'm all over fun summer activities, though I don't know how many of them Lacey will be interested in. We shall see!
    Be careful and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete