Monday, August 17, 2009

Reviews are in:

We have tried a few things this past week that I thought I might share my thoughts on. Here goes:

"Time Traveler's Wife": Only about a 7, no a 6.5 out of 10 for me. I enjoyed enough to maybe even watch it one more time. I had hoped for something much greater than that, but it just couldn't get there.

"Julie and Julia": So, so fun! Meryl, Meryl, Meryl. It is definitely at 10. I was only sad when it ended. Everyone was fantastic and it was a delightful story. I highly recommend it.

"Bandslam": Pretty good. Probably an 8 out of 10 on that one. I enjoyed it more than the kids did, but they aren't old enough to get it. It was fun and well done. Worth watching.

(Gosh, I have seen a number of movies in just a matter of days.)

Ok, those lovely Junior Mint cupcakes down there...not great. Very dense. Very. I think I enjoyed the next day better. The cake batter was very thick and then the mint just kind of threw it off for me. I made too many, of course, and they were ok but I wouldn't make them again. I'm going with 3 stars. (out of 5)

Burger King Burger Shots. If you don't know what they are, you don't go to Burger King with big boys who think they're great. We tried them once and they were great. After much discussion of food at the pool today, I was ready to try them again. Today; however, they were not nearly as much fun as before. As with all fast food, you never know what you are gonna get.

Oh, and by the way, our school is making those blankets again this year. Remember way back when we did the fleece blanket service project? The kids still talk about it so they decided to do it again. Makes me smile. :)

5 comments:

  1. Yea for Movies, I want to see Julie and Julia for sure! I'm glad they are making the blankets again, that was a really sweet idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I'm so happy about the blankets!!! What a cool experience that was. I loved seeing all of the kids at my school carry them around for the rest of the school year. I was surprised that something so small was such a big deal to them, but it really was. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time Travelers wife, 5 out of 10. Julie and Julia... really??? I give it a 6 out of 10 ONLY because Meryl Streep is YOU...or you are Meryl Streep, whatever. But otherwise, a 2 out of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie and Julia...15 out of 10 and yes I may love Meryl cause she is you ...loved our one on one time...the kids are doing great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I am Meryl? So nice! Kristen, did you see Julie and Julia??? It was delightful. I also enjoyed seeing the movie with Mom! I am glad to hear that the kids are doing well. I was a little worried when the adventure began after the pool. And um, Kristen, I left you a message asking you to call me...so, uh, call me back. Jeesh!

    ReplyDelete