Sunday, August 23, 2009

Simple Update on a STRESSFUL day!

It's too loud in our house to call anyone at the moment. The plumber, Chris, is back and has sent his trusty camera down into the depths of our plumbing system and uncovered the source of our current disruption. Sadly, it looks to belong in the "worst case scenario" category. Several breaks in the pipes in the front yard, back hoe on my lawn, and an undetermined cost on the repairs. UNDETERMINED! Needless to say, we are a little on edge and afraid to use water in the house at this point. I am choosing to stay on the up side of this chapter, and being grateful for the fact that we are not in Vancouver with renters in my house, can you even imagine! That would have been so much worse. I am grateful that Larry has work that we didn't expect that will eventually get us caught back up. I am also happy that the kids will be in school tomorrow and away from this noise for those few hours. I am also grateful that Larry is home, though I am sure that this isn't how he wanted to spend his time home. I can't imagine if I had to do this without him here. But, with all of that said, I am certainly aware of how serious this is and I would just like to say that a movie may be necessary for all of us today, out of the house, good old fashioned laughter and no fans. I know it's Sunday, but I choose to think that we will be forgiven for this one. We shall see how the day goes and how hard it will be to peel Larry off of the ceiling after the plumber leaves.

3 comments:

  1. AHHH..OK, I guess you can move into moms house while they are gone:) No, really, can you use your water or not? I know it might be crazy, but if you need to come up for showers or anything, let me know. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUMMER DUDE!!But I agree that this could be so much worse! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously hurt for you. I can't even imagine. I'm all about keeping perspective, but you're allowed to say "This sucks!" Glad you can see the tender mercies in this situation, though. It's always comforting to find those! Maybe that's why we go through these trials???? Food for thought.

    GOOD LUCK KIMBALL, KADEN, AND KYRA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete