Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why are the days so long!

Summer has flown by, really it has. But since Sunday it seems that the days are so long, painfully long. Can't find enough to do for everyone long. The sound of whiny kids is making me nuts...long! We are officially at the end of our summer budget which means that summer entertainment is officially back to finding free in an endless sea of expensive options.

BUT!

I got paid today! I did!!! I got paid for painting that mural in my neighbor's son's room. I don't know why this is so spectacular to me, but it is the smile at the end of my very long day today. I am having to be so careful with money, so so careful...I know, I can't really complain because the reality is that we are fine and we have our home and new contracts mean that the fall will be more comfortable. So this sweet note and payment from my neighbor just made me happy.

Now, what do we do about these last 12 days before the kids go back to school? On a limited budget, that is. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment