Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sumthins a brewin'

I got a call from someone in the Bishopric today.  He asked to meet with me BEFORE church tomorrow.  He asked if my inactive husband could be there as well.  Obviously, sweet 
'Larry is in Vancouver so he can't be there", I said...cautiously.  "That's ok!  Can you still come in?"  Now, for those of you who might not know what that means...that generally means a new calling, or job in the ranks of volunteers at church.  It means something different when they want the husband to come in as well.  Amber says they only do that when they want to call you into a Presidency or something.  I also know that we are about to be without a Cub Committee Chair.  SCOUTS!  My breath is getting faster just thinking about it.  Pulse quickening.  Might pass out.

Well then, all is well.  My episode has passed.  If you are laughing at this, you know well that what goes around comes around sisters!  While I am more than happy to serve in any capacity, it would be quite the little challenge for me to take on Scouts in such a role.  HUGE.  CHALLENGE. (breathe Heather)

I will let you know what I know when I know it.  Say your prayers people, say your prayers.  (and for crying out loud, stop laughing Mom)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I will stop laughing at you and send you good wishes. Watch, I will be wrong and your bishop does that with all callings, and you will be asked to do something quite simple and to your liking:) All of this worrying will be for nothing. Send me a text..its not considered irreverent to check messages during church if its about church right?! Good luck sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scouts.....I miss them

    ReplyDelete