Monday, April 6, 2009

Oprah, New York, Vancouver and Turkey

Yes.  I got sick.  I have been bitter today.  Very bitter.  Angry at all who crossed my path and some who crossed my path only in distant memories and stupid commercials.  But, then.  Then in the throws of a near breakdown as I was hiding in my shower from all who said my name, my phone rang.  It was a number I didn't know.  I didn't get out of the shower to answer it.  I listened to the voice mail and laughed out loud.  I had prayed for one moment of relief and comic relief was in order.  It was a call from Dana at Harpo.  Uh, huh.  Harpo.  Oprah.  That one.  She wanted to talk to me about a segment she has coming up.  Now this wasn't a mere coincidence.  I did submit a little note last week about the idea of gaining weight...no, what do they call it...falling off the weight wagon after losing weight.  I did.  Laugh.  It is funny.  I'd like to state that I was feeling sorry for myself and trying to just vent to someone, someone I NEVER thought would respond.  And.  They did.  So, we talked and I answered lots of questions and then she asked me to send in pictures.  Before, when I was thinner, and now, that I am not.  I had help from Kaden and Larry pointing out the skinny and the fat.  If I were in a different mental state that might have really offended me.  I can call it what it is though.  I had lost weight.  And then I found it.  And they might think it's worth a story.  They might not, but it was a highlight of my otherwise irritating day.

And then, New York.  Kyra and I are going to see "Mary Poppins"on Broadway after we visit the Statue of Liberty and eat at some fabulous New York eatery and that makes me feel just wonderful.  I was excited to go and now I am overjoyed.  I got discount tickets for Orchestra seating and I can't wait.

Vancouver?  Well, she called.  Christy, the producer, that is.  It looks like it is still on and they will be expecting him June 1st, instead of May and we would go at the beginning of July allowing us to have Kyra's baptism, birthday party, and enjoy the birth of a baby or two.  That makes me happy.  The money thing is still in talks but it is looking better.  Marginally, but better.  Larry is getting a couple of other jobs between now and then so we should be ok.

And Turkey.  So, this dress that I ordered for Kierstin a little while ago got here today.  I didn't realize it at the time, but it was made by a sweet girl in her home in Turkey and she shipped it to me.  And this is what precious, who feels miserable right now, looks like in that precious little dress.  (if you don't love it, keep it to yourself because I DO!)


3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about it a little more and yes. I do think I need to accompany you on this trip to see Oprah. What fun would going to visit Oprah be if you didn't make a girl's trip out of it?! I can share my story and you can share yours and we can play in a cool hotel and do all kinds of fun things. Not that I want to rain on your parade... I just want to grab an instrument and join in! :) Hehe.

    And while I was not overly impressed with the dress from pictures you showed previously, it is actually quite cute on Kierstin.
    Glad everyone is on the mend... sorry you got the bug but if Larry avoids it, then you've accomplished something major! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I say...it will sure look cute on Courltyn next year:) Hmm..now she needs some cute orange shoes..and a fabulous hair accessory!! And..I am with Lindsey..well, not on the whole share my story part, cuz really, the story is I am still fat!! But, score some tickets for the family and we would totally support you! Or embarrass you, so maybe we should stay home...hmm..lets ponder that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, Kierstin looks so cute in that dress! Did you steal it from soulemama, because her little girl is pictured in the red cow one on her blog! Bummer you are sick, but get over it quick because you have to be well for Easter!!

    ReplyDelete