Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shhh. It's quiet.

It's about midnight over here and all is quiet and everyone seems tucked in, medicated and cozy for a little while.  I am overjoyed at the silence.  So much so that I am now not tired.  It is a constant cycle for me.  The flu that has abducted my family has left me with very sad, tired, icky kids.  Kyra had a really bad day on Sunday and it has been up and down from there.  Kimball has been consistently not well with the fever and all.  Of course, he was declared "the boy who cried wolf" with all of his missed days and we nearly made him go back to school on Tuesday despite his insistence that was not feeling well.  I know that he made that bed all by himself, and still I feel bad that we were so cross with him about it.  He actually is sick.  His doctor actually said that he was not to go back to school until Monday.  It's on the doctor's note.  Hmmm.

And then Kaden and Kierstin started up yesterday.  Today has been their worst day so far.  Poor Kierstin has had the same high fever that Kyra had and has also had trouble with breathing and coughing.  I have had to dump her into the tub a couple of times.  I had to wake her up to give her Motrin so that we could keep the fever down.  She looks like she is crying, even when she isn't.  The poor thing is just miserable.  Hopefully she will wake up a little better in the morning.  Kaden has kept a pretty brave face but when it hits him, it gets him in bed with flushed cheeks and a massive headache.  I think he even fell asleep in his clothes because he didn't have the energy to change.  I am expected another round of crying and coughing sometime between now and 7am when I have to take Larry to the airport.  While it is not the most convenient trip at that hour, I know that he NEEDS to be out on the road when we have this much sickness.  I am hoping that he doesn't get it as well.  Seriously.  

Well.  As for me, I am hanging in there.  No flu to speak of...yet.  I am just truly hoping that it works out that if I do get it, I am spared the 7 days of it.  I am pretty confident that I need this to be vacated by Sunday night so that all can go back to school on Monday and we can pick back up where we dropped off the face of the earth this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment