Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stupid parenting!

Is it too late to back out?  I mean, I want them to still live here and all, because I really like them, but I don't want to parent anymore.  I don't.  I am not feeling all that qualified and I think I should be on the list of layoffs for the year and get government benefits.  It happens, right?  No, you say.  

Ok, look.  12 year old boys are making me crazy.  All of them.  They are sarcastic and gross and pushing their limits across the board.  They want to be independent and still be little boys when they want something.  They want things done their way and they don't want to take responsibility for their actions.  Now, I realize that there are many wonderful examples of 12 year old boys who don't act this way and I congratulate the parents of those boys.  The boys I see in and out of my house and surrounding the one I gave birth to are...making my head hurt, and it's only 8:38 in the morning.

The problem is that the problem is me.  I mean, they are 12 and acting out and exploring new behaviors and seeking independence and such and I am the parent.  I am getting more bothered than I should and I know that I have to learn to deal or I will make myself crazy before he hits 13.  And this is only the beginning.  I know that Kimball is a very good kid and that we have little to complain about in the grand scheme of things.  We don't have the trouble that a lot of parents are dealing with, so far.  But I am not good with bad behavior.  It makes my head HURT!  

I think I will just have to crawl back in bed with Kierstin and watch "Finding Nemo" for the 10th time in 3 days.  She has found a new favorite.

1 comment:

  1. oh good, I was getting a little tired of Wall E. Nice to know what I have to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete