Friday, January 30, 2009

Darn Weather

First, I just had to share this.  How can those little feet and those worn out pigtails and her insistence on not wearing pants that day, along with her mountain of sprinkles intended for the ice cream waiting to be enjoyed not bring a smile at the end of this week?

It made me feel better to look at this when I learned that Portillo's will not be here in time for our Super Bowl Party on Sunday.  I know.  I am disappointed as well.  It is because of the weather that gripped the country this week.  Specifically gripping Addison, IL where my Party Pack of authentic Chicago dogs is coming in from.  No one can even tell me when to expect this shipment that was due here yesterday.  Now I have to find another cool idea, at the almost last minute.  Philly Cheesesteaks or Skyline Chili?  Taco Bar?  Something new?   (Yes, this is the biggest hurdle of the day so I am quite grateful for that, but STILL!)

And, in other news, Larry leaves on Monday for quite a lengthy trip.  It may interfere with any ideas I have of auditioning right now.  I did go see a performance at that theatre last night and it was absolutely fantastic.  I have a small confession and I know how crazy it sounds...I don't actually like seeing plays or musicals all that often.  Unless I know that they will be REALLY good.  Well, I wasn't sure but I can  tell you that I would see nearly anything that this theatre does from now on.  It was truly incredible. 

That's all for now.  Think of something fun for Sunday, though the Chicago dogs will be missed.  

2 comments:

  1. no matter what anyone says,superbowl was originally...wings,stuffed celery,deviled eggs,strawberries,dip, m&ms and a simple food from the region of the teams..keep it simple unless Larbear wants to add a special roast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...I am not coming any more!! Just kidding...although, I cant say that I have any great ideas right now, I will try to think of something....see you in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete