Friday, January 16, 2009

Grouchy House

So, the kids are home for a 4 day weekend.  This is usually a welcome break in our home, but this time feels different.  We just had such a nice long break and then just when we are getting back into the rhythm of things...a break just long enough to need to figure out something to do.  Now, the house is a tiny disheveled, as am I for that matter.  I think we all just feel a little crummy.  What to do.  Well, I have been to the gym...yes, you should be impressed.  Upon re-entry, the house seems to have gone from disheveled to downright disastrous.  I was only gone for an hour.  ONE HOUR!  Things are coming back together as each child begrudgingly tends to one task or another.  I have the task of finishing laundry, putting it away and cleaning bathrooms.    But guess what I am doing.  You guessed it.  Surfing blogs.  And I just found one to salivate over.  This writer is incredible.  I am adding her to my blog list over there because I believe that she may be right up there with soulemama, another favorite. Actually my surfing started with her and she led me to yet another magical blog.  It is a listing of craft projects that I love.  I am not a craft person, so to speak, but I could be after looking at the delightful blogs.  I love them!

In other news...one of the funniest "Office" episodes yet.  A duel for the girl!  If you haven't watched it, you must.  Another solid distraction.

So, I am now off to my own kitchen where laundry is stacked and Kyra waits patiently for me to finish that in order to make homemade chocolate chip cookies.  How is one to resist such baked goodness when one is already avoiding coca-colas?  I have been quite successful with the cokes, but cookies might be...no!  Will be dangerous.  One of my favorite things!  That and a really good pizza, oh, and a coke with ice from Sonic.  You know I am right.  That's the stuff of diet enders.  And sweet dreams.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment