Sunday, January 11, 2009

My friends are all kind of busy tonight.

So I turned on my tv.  And there on the screen appeared all of my closest friends.  They all look so lovely tonight.  Shiny even.  I thought that Kate and I might hang out and play a round of UNO, but she was busy winning an award.  Especially shiny tonight.  And of course Meryl is there, she never shows up for UNO though.  She says it bores her.  Scrabble is more her game.  Now, Drew looks just this side of ghastly, in my personal opinion.  I liked the dress but he didn't tell me that she would floof that hair up like that.  Yuck.  Now, the men look lovely.  Johnny Depp was just delish and then of course there is Brad and Tom and Aaron.  (Eckhart, of course.)  Oh, I hear the chimes of the intro coming back on and I must go back.  Here's to guilty pleasures and shiny people!  They seem to be having a great time.

And...scene.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you had to spend the night alone!! I am sure that everyone would have loved to hang with you, but you know those silly awards shows seem to trump everything for those people! I have to agree with you on Drew's hair, and what ever did Reese have on? I expect more from her you know!! Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you are a dork. I watched a bit of it, then my anti-hollywood husband came home and switched it, after he did watch Steven Speilberg get his award. I did see your old flame there, oh for just one night a year with him!! I don't think Larry would mind-that way you could go fix Drew's hair!! And, I'm sorry-but Reese looks amazing no matter what! I am now going to go online and figure out who won what awards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even know the awards were on. I'm so out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I watched it... obviously through DVR, but still, I really enjoyed Kate and Tina Fey!

    ReplyDelete