Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Year's Eve Menu

Ok, so I know it's not New Year's Eve anymore, but I wanted to put down in writing what the menu was for this past festivity.  It was a huge success and I know that we are a family that tends to "forget" certain things, usually involving food and traditions, so here it is.

As you know, it is our "Nicky Nacky Snicky Snacky" tradition...crap food, or junk food, or the stuff that you don't ordinarily buy.  We were a tiny bit more advanced this year in our menu. :)

Menu
Amber's Shrimp Dip
Amber's Delicious Cream Cheese Cookie Bites w/ Cherry Topping
Mozzarella Sticks
Pizza Rolls (not needed, apparently)
Rice Krispie Treats
Kristen's 7 Layer Dip
Wings
Shrimp Cocktail
Eclairs
Baby Quiche
Dinosaur Chicken (for the kids)
Pigs in a Blanket
Larry's Artichoke Sip
Michael's Brrrrrushcetta
Skittles/ M & M's/ Reese's Pieces (long standing tradition)
Lots of Dr. Pepper

As you can see, we had lots of food.  It seemed to be just the right combination of sweet and salty and everything in between.  I think it was a great night and we had lots of fun with everyone there.  We did miss Dad, as he was sick, but I bet he won't miss next year's fun.  

That's all for now!  Have a great night.  And, by the way, Lindsey rocks with her running.  I am so NOT a runner so I am in awe!  Running in the dark cold just sounds like the beginning of a horror movie to me.  Go Lindsey!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...I wonder why we cant seem to get skinny?!?! Maybe we should take up running...nah!! The wii fit seems like way more fun:) I mean, big kudos to Lindsey and all...maybe we could just get her to run a mile for us too, isn't that what sisters are for anyway!? Oh, and stop putting new blogs on that do nothing but totally distract me! Didnt you say you were going to slow down on the blogging thing...now you post often, and tempt us all with new sites to stalk! Good luck making all that stuff..I sure could use a nice apron.hehe!! I am off to watch the Notebook on t.v.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS that a touch of sarcasm about the apron dearest?!?! No apron for you! You will be so jealous of all of our cute aprons and you won't be nearly as cute without it. Sarcasm indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, were we not missed on New Year's Eve?? Fine then! Hehe. I have to say, I did salivate a bit over the menu as I read it. Of course, that would have been a gallbladder attack waiting to happen for me. Oh wait, I had one of those that night anyway. Ohhhhhh.
    Thanks for the kudos! And thanks all the more for the horror movie visions... that'll make my next run more exciting! Hm... maybe it'll help my time.
    Amber, I will run a mile for you... maybe even two......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here to help dear sister, here to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it was not sarcasm at all!! I really do need an apron....seriously!! I admire your new zest for craftiness and intend to take full advantage of it:) Now, go to bed!!

    ReplyDelete