Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is why

Larry is coming home today.  He will be in this home for about 19 hours, including sleep time.  Now, there is a collective excitement bubbling over at the thought of him being home because he has been traveling.  There is another, darker feeling that comes with his return that has everything to do with cleanliness and order...or a lack thereof.  Now, I am on top of it, I assure you.  Everything is chugging along at a respectable pace these days.  Laundry is in progress, though I am to have the laundry room "cleaned out" so that he can catch up with his laundry in this short visit.  We have been cooking at home, a lot.  The garage is straightened up, and I say that loosely.  There are; however, various tasks that sit waiting, almost laughing at me and my idea that I can do it myself.  In a tragic turn, I did have to cancel...the...cleaning..........crew.  I can't even say it.  This little economic crisis has hit our home and we are counting pennies.  Larry is starting to lose contracts because the bigger companies that he has been working for are starting to cancel shows.  Nervous he is!  Nervous indeed.  So, I called and canceled my sweet Eliana last night, for the next three months.  GASP!  Will I have to actually take care of this home all by my lonesome?  Oh no, I won't.  I would prefer to either let the mess fester until I can't take it anymore or teach my certainly of age children how to do the jobs, or more likely than both...just do it myself.  eventually.

The point I am getting to is that this is why I strayed from my blog because I have so much else to do and yet I am here (kristen will love that one) and there and everywhere I should not be because I should be doing this.  If you are reading my blog at any hour between now and around 3pm you are doing the same thing, avoiding...er, being entertained...er, learning!  That's what I am doing.  Learning from other bloggers that life is funny, life is short and darnit, Larry is leaving again at 10 tomorrow morning and if EVERYTHING AIN'T DONE...life will still go on.  Happily, I might add.

I do have some pictures to update here, but...see above...I will get back to it tomorrow.

COKE UPDATE:  Not one yesterday!  Not one, so far, today.  (It is to be one of those days though, so I make no firm promises.  maybe I will go for a diet coke.  blek.)


6 comments:

  1. HAVE A DAMN COKE!!!!! Sorry , mom, but there are some things in life not worth giving up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, let me say, thank you for your encouragement and second, I actually feel better today than yesterday and the day before that. I don't know if I am losing any weight, but I feel better. So, sugar is not my friend right now. I mean, it may be again someday, but for now...we are taking time apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong Heather..you can do it!! If I werent sick pregnant I would consider doing it with you! No, really, things are going to be quite different around here once this baby comes along..gluten free and all!! And, stop linking blogs that then get me to stray from my responsibilities too...its like you are trying to get us to go down with you!! Hmm, I see how you are!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, but that one girl had FOUR babies at ONE time! That is just unbelievable!!! Go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES. Please, oh please, not 4 babies for me. Im shaking at the thought of two... thats so scary. But good for her, what an intense life she must lead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i still say have a coke!!!! Just kidding!! I too am going on a very fierse diet after this baby(as I sit here and drink my chocolate shake) But seriously, enough is enough-I will do it this time so I am proud of you to be able to give things up b/c I know I am dreading it!!

    ReplyDelete